Monday, December 29, 2008

Someone Will Put A Stop To This Eventually

D'ya think I should read anything into Wizards of the Coast replacing its once ever-shifting tag line some boring corporate motto? I only just noticed this, but I don't check their website often so it might have happened a while ago.

Luckily, there's a complete list of the WotC taglines on John's RPG Journal, so all is not lost. Still, it's quite mysterious, and a little sad. I always thought that was the best part of the site.

3 comments:

  1. I think "We hated Uni, too." is my favourite.

    Not that I've been writing to avoid doing Uni work or anything of that sort...

    It'd tend to blame Hasbro for the change if the tagline shift has stopped altogether. There was probably someone in marketing who though it wasn't good practise ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marketing has to prove their existance and why you need them. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah. I totally didn't start blogging again right in the middle of finals. No, no, that must be someone else you saw writing about games instead of studying.

    This is the kind of thing that makes me want to go into game marketing, since the guys who are doing it now don't always know what it is that they're selling.

    ReplyDelete