- Play-by-post isn't quite my speed. While I love text play, chat is really what fits my style. I like regular weekly sessions; with PBP, the required time commitment is kind of hard to gauge, since the amount I can and should post varies a lot based on what's going on in-game. And it's hard to get really immersed in the scenario, which is a big deal for me. I suspect I could really get into a PBP solo game, since it would always be absolutely clear whose turn it was, but that might be kind of dangerous.
- I have a really weird play-style, and it's all Trollsmyth's fault.
- I need to play more male characters. They're fun, and educational. "Oh. That's what it feels like when a girl laughs at you."
- Low wisdom characters are fantastic. But I knew that already.
- I need to remember to encourage players to build connections between their characters to begin with, because the results are so great for my style of play. This is something that happens pretty naturally in a tabletop game, at least the way I run them: I'll put aside a session for character creation, and the players will talk story and background while one or two people fiddle with the book. But it does need a little extra push online, where everything seems so formal, and people don't necessarily all know each other.
- I'm going to miss Alasdair. Which is new and exciting sensation: I've never played a campaign long enough, or had a character interesting enough, to really be sad when I stopped being able to play him anymore. But Alasdair still had so much excellent drama to angst about and be stupid over.
- God, Alasdair was dumb.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
7th Sea: The Last Report
So the 7th Sea game ended a couple of weeks ago. Though it wasn't without its frustrations, overall I'm pretty happy to have been involved with it. A couple of observations:
Labels: 7th sea, character, game report, rpg
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I like PbP because I cannot set aside the block of time needed for chat based games, but I can see your point.ReplyDelete
Glad that you had fun. And it is good to hear of a PbP game properly ending, not just winding down and dying as too often happens.
I am 58 year old who was diagnosed 4 years ago with Parkinson's. I had severe calf pain, muscle pain, slurred speech, frequent falls, loss of balance, difficulty in getting up from sitting position, i was having a problem accepting my diagnosis, even though I read every thing I could find to read. I was put on Sinemet 3 times daily but it doesn't seem to be helping. I also had difficulty writing. Getting in bed, turning over. i have had good luck with the Sinemet and other meds like Mirapex, but I was extremely tired of it. I have also noticed cognitive decline, but that is also related to a now-removed brain tumor.As the disease progressed all medication stopped working, i was introduced to Health herbal clinic in Johannesburg who have successful herbal treatment to Parkinson's disease. I spoke to few people who used the treatment here in USA and Lima Peru and they all gave a positive response, so i immediately purchased the P.D herbal remedy and commenced usage, i used the herbal supplement for only 8 weeks, all symptoms were unbelievably reversed, herbs are truly gift from God. contact this herbal clinic via their email;medlabtec(AT)mail(DOT)com