Friday, February 01, 2008

Back in the Gaming Groove

I've got a game again. Last Friday, I ran a short combat with three brand new (or close to it) gamers, to give them an idea of how Dungeons and Dragons works. Later this afternoon, we'll be doing character/party building, with hopefully a bit of scene setting to get everyone together.

This makes me happy.

And I was surprised just how much fun the extremely basic campaign I ran was. Two factors involved: I had new, easily excitable players, and I turned up the difficulty level. Instead of putting three first level PCs up against, say, two orcs, I threw a Worg at them. That turned out to be a little bit too tough, but this Worg happened to be a little on the low side of the hit point scale, so we got actual danger without total carnage.

2 comments:

  1. A LITTLE BIT TWO TOUGH?

    ORLY?

    ReplyDelete
  2. always good to keep players on their toes. make them think, use tactics, etc.

    ReplyDelete