Sunday, June 22, 2008

What Will I Write for WoAdWriMo?

I'm kind of committed, but I'm still not sure exactly what I want to do. I'll figure it out, likely at the last minute, but right now, not sure.

I'll probably use 4e D&D. I'm not completely, absolutely positive about that -- it's not like 4e isn't going to get plenty of support besides me -- but it would be the most efficient use of my mental energy. I'm running a 4e game, and I'm sort of obsessed with it, and there are a lot of things in it I want to play with.

Actual subject matter is a lot more nebulous. I might do something like Asteroid 1618, or an encounter-filled hex map. Interesting places to explore, rather than a sequence of events, and trust the DM and the players to make some fun of their own. It'd be a lot easier than trying to plan out any kind of plot, without players to provide all that agency stuff for me.

I've changed my mind about topics a lot already, though, so I don't know how long this will hold. I might just end up doing Fall Off the Shadowkeep, or some kind of fantasy survival horror scenario.

2 comments:

  1. Planning an Encounter Critical thing, myself. At the moment I've got three potentially interlinked adventures in mind. But we'll see how it goes when the pencil meets the page...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Encounter Critical is on my list. I would seriously consider using it as my adventure system, except that I haven't actually played it yet. I'm looking for the right group of players; my main group has thing thing about "seriousness."

    ReplyDelete