Monday, June 30, 2008

The Ashen Rift

An idea has come to me, for a WoAdWriMo adventure: a rift in the earth, surrounded by ashen wasteland. Within it thrive all manner of strange beasts and factions, and at its heart lies a malevolent, fiery presence.

I'll probably refine the concept a bit as I work on it, but I'm going to keep the canyon part and probably the wasteland part. I like deserts, as fantastical locations, mostly because I read Dune at a young age, and I've never really done as much with them as I'd like.

Ideally, this'd be the kind of thing that could be dropped into a campaign on short notice. I'll try to put together some suggestions on having it as a longstanding feature of an area the players are just now exploring, and some on having it open up in a place they think they know pretty well.

1 comment:

  1. I just finished watching Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind... kind of reminds me of that, only backwards. Desert instead of forest, evil presence instead of good. Same feeling, though, if it ends up as a long-standing feature of the landscape.

    ReplyDelete