Monday, May 26, 2008

WoAdWriMo: A Declaration

I'm going to do Worldwide Adventure Writing Month this July.

I really, really want to say I'm going to be to busy. I want to hedge, say I'm not ready to commit, I want to wait to see how things are going to turn out. I'll be running a campaign then. I'll be busy. I don't want to completely commit to it, in public, until I'm sure that I can do it.

But that's what I did last year, and I never got around to it. I was never sure.

So screw "sure." I'm going to do it. Even if what I turn in ends up being mostly notes from my campaign, even if it ends up being ridiculous, even if it ends up driving me crazy, I'm still going to turn something in. This is a solemn, public vow, and I am going to hate myself for it come mid-July.

But what the heck. I did NaNoWriMo, right? How bad can it be?

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

    - Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, because NaNoWriMo has made you so happy in the past.

    But this is different. Easier, probably. Likely because it seems it leaves more room for "fleshing that idea out later".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! The whole WoAdWriMo concept is founded on the idea that *anyone* with enthusiasm and doggedness can reach the finish line. I have my favorite game writers that I adore like everyone else in the hobby, but the fact of the matter is that they're regular dudes with interesting jobs and that's it. If you can get through NaNoWriMo, then writing an adventure ought to be a snap.

    ReplyDelete