Thursday, February 22, 2007

Willful Squirrel Tangent

I was going to write a continuation of yesterday's rant. Well, not a continuation, exactly. More inspired by than continuing. I even wrote the whole thing up. It's sitting in the "edit posts" section of this blog right now, as a draft.

Then I read it, and I said to myself, "this is really serious." Way, way too serious. This blog has gotten too serious, lately. Too much philosophy, too much ranting, too much literary theory.

So, today, I'm going to link to Dr. Vagn Flyger, world authority on squirrels. It's an obituary, sadly, but if I hadn't read the obituary I would never have known that someone this awesome once existed in the world. I cannot describe the joy that learning of his existence has brought me.

I'll probably post the serious thing at some point. Maybe once I've actually played some of the school game. Or maybe I won't, ever. There are a couple of other drafts on this blog that are guaranteed never to see the light of day.

For now, I'm just going to stick with the squirrels.

No comments:

Post a Comment