Saturday, June 30, 2007

You'd Really Have To Hear It

Have you heard of The New Dominions?

They're an a cappella group. They sing rock songs. By which I mean, they sing the lyrics. And the percussion. And the other instrumentation. And the wacky tech bits.

They sing "Drive My Car" on their latest album, Almost Awesome. "Drive My Car" has a guitar solo.

It is possible to sing a guitar solo.

I don't mean that it's possible to produce the same notes as a guitar solo. I mean that it's possible to produce roughly the expected sound of a guitar solo with your voice. Or with someone's voice.

Maybe this is a normal thing. Maybe to everyone else, this is just another day in the world of music. But to me, this is new. And it rocks my world.

1 comment:

  1. A Capella rocks. There's this local group called Da Vinci's Notebook that I like. I went to one of their concerts in middle school. I still have a couple of their CDs, I think, though I have no idea where...

    ReplyDelete